Thursday, February 09, 2017


NY Times: #TrumpNever Pinata & 9th Circuit's Ruling

Muchas gracias to the Mexican immigrant taxi driver who got me to the federal courthouse today, Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017, at 7th and Mission Streets in San Francisco. He heartily approved of my plan to denounce Donald Trump's policies to any cameras and reporters.

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals this rainy afternoon issued a ruling against the Trump travel ban and as I took a paper version of the decision from a clerk of the court, the federal marshals guarding the building said I couldn't stand on their steps with my pinata.

As I argued with the marshals, photographers and camera from various news agencies - the New York Times, the SF Examiner, Getty Photos, the Associated Press, Al_Jazeera, CNN, KPIX, Chinese TV, et al - recorded the scene.

The Times' opening page's main story this afternoon was by their Supreme Court reporter Adam Liptak and a photo of yours truly with the #TrumpNever pinata was featured. Gratitude goes out to photographer Jim Wilson for the fab foto!

Gotta say, nice to be identified and described as the activist Petrelis.

My #TrumpNever pinata was ruined in the rain and hope to raise funds to purchase another very quickly.

Donations of any amount for the new pinata, actually, two or three would make for better visuals at the People's Town Hall Project events, can be made via PayPal using my addy: MPetrelis@aol.com.

And be sure to follow and like my new community activist campaign: the People's Town Hall Project. It's all about getting out on the streets, where the powerful live and/or work, practicing civic engagement via town halls.

Join us: https://www.facebook.com/PeoplesTownHall/.

No comments: