Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Schedule of BART's 2-Person 16th St Plaza Cleaning Crew

What exactly are the daily sanitary maintenance responsibilities, and when are they to be performed, were the questions I wanted answers to and were the basis of my recent public recorded request to BART.

A two-page job description for the two-person crew that's on duty at the 16th Street BART Plaza and charged with a lot of cleaning tasks, shows that they are paid for work performed from 3 pm to 11 pm.

I've spent a lot of time at the 16th Street public spaces and I can tell you there have been only three times when I've seen a BART worker carrying out a maintenance task.

The Mission district and all users of this transit hub and the plazas in particular are not getting the clean up services we deserve, and for which BART says they have a two-person crew.

Lemme know if you see regular evidence that these tasks are actually performed on a daily basis and four times during an eight-hour shift.

Needless to say, I'm curious to see after the election if the winner of the BART District 9 race addresses the pressing need for improved public health practices at this location.

 

No comments: