Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Tenants Union's Top Choice is Nudist Candidate

To make sure the San Francisco Tenants Union received my questionnaire two-days in advance of their deadline last week, I emailed it to them and then used v-mail and email to get a confirmation from the group's executive director Ted Gullicksen.

I explained that I was heading up to Guerneville and while I couldn't attend their endorsement meeting, I was very concerned they had my questionnaire to consider and also offered to chat with them on the phone or make time for an interview upon my return.

Two-days after sending the questionnaire and a few hours before their meeting, Ted emailed me and said:
"I can’t read that file—can you resend as either pdf or word document?"

The questionnaire was returned in the original format to Ted so I was confused why he couldn't read the file, and being away from my home computer and using one at the Guerneville public library, I didn't have access to my questionnaire.

Ted's original email accompanying his questionnaire made an important point: "We cannot endorse a candidate who has not submitted a questionnaire."

Well, I submitted it in the format used by the Tenants Union but because Ted couldn't open it, I believe my questionnaire was not considered submitted and I was not considered for an endorsement.

The number one choice for the group (http://www.sftu.org/), is longtime nudist George Davis, while the second choice went to John Nulty who defines himself as a public figure.

Unfortunately, the Tenants Union hasn't posted respondents' questionnaires so I don't know what answers George and John provided. George's site (http://supervisorgeorgedavis.wordpress.com/), lacks a platform and omits his views on housing issues but he makes this claim: "New York City has offered a victory celebration in Times Square for a George Davis victory. Donors will be invited to the celebration and a victory dinner in and around Times Square."

At John's site (https://www.facebook.com/JohnNultySupervisor), he similarly doesn't present any opinion on tenant matters or other concerns, but he does share links to stories of interest to him.

I did my best to play by the Tenants Union's rules and didn't receive their backing, so allow me to congratulate George and John for getting the endorsement of this organization.


No comments: