Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Castro Supervisor, Ignoring Judge's Order, Emails Me

(Click to enlarge and read the Sept 20 date.)

Ugh, this is the last thing I want landing on my in-tray: an email from the elected official who exercised his political muscle to have the San Francisco sheriff, police and district attorney City agencies put me through the justice system wringer for eight months. I was investigated and prosecution over snapping a photo of the politician with big ambitions, some said, because the victim has a vote over the budgets of those agencies.

During the legal wrangling in Judge Sam K. Feng court room, my attorney Derek St. Pierre twice requested the judge instruct George Gascon's district attorney office to order the elected official to cease from emailing me his monthly newsletters, containing invitations to events with him.

Judge Feng did so order an end to the online contact from the victim, but as you can see from the image above, the contact happened again on Friday, September 20.

As Todd Swindell, my friend and supporter who operated the We Like Mike blog, pointed out before a plea bargain was struck that the elected official had emailed me four times. What victim continues to initiate contact with the person they are alleging committed an offence against them, during legal negotiations and after the judge has ordered the communication to cease?

I've forwarded the evidence to my attorney and requested his legal counsel, that will bring me relief and once and for all stop the elected official's communication to me.

1 comment:

Stephen R. Stapleton, Sacramento, CA said...

I must point out the violator of a court order can be put into prison for such violations. Generally, the defendant is the one who gets into trouble with this, but the law applies equally to the so-called victim. Given how much trouble Mr. Weiner made for Mike, I think a good karmic result for Mr. Weiner to be jailed for non-compliance. We can see how much fun he thinks this little escapade is then.